Bike-specific clothing makes for a comfortable ride—whether you’re on the road, hitting the trail or commuting to and from work. These styles can help you perform better and ride longer!
REI’s new collection of urban cyclewear adds some city styling to your clothing choices. Here’s what to consider.
Cycling Jerseys, Shorts and Tights
You don’t need to squeeze into skin-tight spandex covered with corporate logos just for a trip to the grocery store.
A bike jersey of Lycra® spandex or other form–fitting material reduces drag when you ride. Their technical fabrics enhance performance by wicking away sweat to keep you drier.
- Stand–up collar to shade your neck in summer.
- Front zipper for ventilation when your temperature rises.
- Shoulders cut wider for arms–forward comfort.
- Sleeves specially shaped for forward lean.
- Back pockets for easy on–the–go access.
- Longer cut in back for coverage when riding.
- Reflective trim or highlights for night riding.
Additional features for winter riding:
- Long sleeves for more warmth and coverage.
- Denser, heavier fabric weaves and a brushed lining to add insulation.